The Athlete Development Program (ADP) Netball Squad is aimed at student athletes who show potential in the sport of netball. The Squad aims to provide ADP athletes with structured training programs to further develop their skills, fitness and knowledge of the sport.
This Program will prepare athletes for the following events and representative team selections:
- SSV Events
- All Schools Championships
- Local and State Representative Teams
Selected netball players are required to attend and participate in all Training sessions throughout the year (as outlined below). Athletes will receive technical and tactical coaching, and an annual competition plan and pathway developed with the Squad Coach.
The Netball Squad is integrated fully into the ADP:
- Training will be two mornings per week in the BSE Stadium, unless otherwise specified
- 6.45am – 8.15am
Training will involve the following:
- Video analysis of shooting technique
- Video analysis of game footage
- Fundamental skills development (passing, turning, catching, shooting & defensive)
- Tactics (game sense)
- Defensive specific skill development
- Self-monitoring training load
- Explanations of types of training
- Breakdown of common basketball structures
- Fitness & Skill Testing
- BSE Stadium
- BSE Outdoor Netball Courts
- Red Energy Arena
*Due to the BSE stadium being resurfaced netball squad trainings have been moved to Red Energy Arena (Bendigo Stadium) for the foreseeable future.